6. What is General Assessment Tax?


General Assessment Tax is the tax imposed on rated holdings such as:


  • Residential Buildings
  • Buildings used for Trade and Commerce such as Shops, Shophouses, Shop Offices, Business Centres, Hotels and Workshop, Petrol Stations and Cinemas.
  • Industrial Buildings such as Factories, Warehouses, Plants, Depots, Substations and etc.
  • Vacant Land such as Building, Agriculture, Industrial and Business which is located in Rompin District Council's area


5. Is there a charge for placing banners within a privately owned building?

a. Yes. Permits or approvals from MDR must be obtained for banners placed on privete buildings for the burpose of business.

4. When will payments for rentals of halls or equipment need to be paid?

a. Payment must be made at least 2 weeks before the event.

3. How long does it take for approvals for rentals of halls or equipment to be issued?

a. Approvals will be given immediately as soon as all conditions are met.

2. What is the difference between District Council or Municipal Council and Local Authority (PBT)?


Local Authorities in this country are divided into three categories as follows:

1. City Council/City Hall  2. Municipal Council  3. District Council


  • City Council/ Hall is actually a Municipal Council which has been upgraded once the town attains the status of ’city’ after fulfilling certain criteria. These criteria are having a local population of more than 1,000,000 and an annual gross product exceeding RM 20 million.
  • Municipal Councils focus  mainly on urban areas as opposed to District Councils, and have a higher population and higher gross annual product, than District Councils. The criteria for Municipal Councils are a population of more than 100,000 and a gross annual product of RM 5million.
  • The criteria for District Councils are a population of less than 100,000 and a gross annual product of less than RM 5million. District Councils are also more rural-based.


1. What are the colour of recycling bins?


The colour of recycling bins are as follow:

  • Blue – for paper
  • Orange – for aluminum & steel cans and plastic
  • Brown – for glass